The Pugger-Mixer is the most versatile studio clay processing machine on the market today. It can perform a variety of functions efficiently, transforming clay in any form to a usable product.
- Mix moist clay from powder and water.
- Reclaim scrap – wet or dry (anything that has not been fired).
- Blend two or more different bodies.
- Add materials (wet or dry) to an already moist body.
- Adjust moisture of an already wet body.
- OR just warm the clay by mixing it.
When the clay is adequately mixed, it can be deaired pugged out in the form of logs ready for use.
It is not necessary to continuously hand-feed the Pugger-Mixer as with standard pugmills. Load a full batch, close the lid and turn it on – this eliminates exposure to moving paddles. The Pugger-Mixer shuts off automatically when the lid is opened. All machines are equipped with a thermal overload for protection against overheating.
Thorough cleaning is easy with the pugging chamber and nozzle removed. Complete access to the auger paddles allows the parts to be scraped or hosed clean quickly. Cleaning is minimized or even eliminated if the openings are sealed with plastic between regular uses.