“Standard” Clay Extruders
The Standard Clay Extruders are available in three sizes. All units have a welded steel uni-body construction. Barrels are not interchangeable on Standard Extruders. The Standard Clay Extruders are an excellent starting point for potters or schools exploring the extruder medium for the first time.Exclusive Features1. The plunger “Safety Stop”prevents the plunger from damaging the internal tube die bracing.2. The plunger plate is 1/2″ thick to provide the tightest possible clay seal.3. The top of the extruder barrel is tapered to provide the easiest possible plunger alignment.
4. The clay extruder barrel is square (instead of round) to allow greater flexibility in the size and shape of the. extruded form. Square barrels are easier to clean.
5. The Bailey Die Mount is easy to use and very sturdy. Solid clay extruder die shapes can be inserted without removing the mount. Changing dies has never been so simple or reliable.
There are many sizes of individual dies. PLEASE REQUEST A QUOTATION. STANDARD DIE KIT(aluminum) Includes Square tubes: 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″ Round tubes: 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″ Octagonal tubes: 2 1/2″, 3″ 1″ square coil and 1″ round coil. 1 multiple coil die. 1 adjustable slab die. 1 die blank. 1 standard tube brace. STANDARD DIE KIT FITS: Standard 4 & 5 Barrel/Extruder. With a Die Adapter it will fit the 9″ Extruding Barrel. EBX DIE KIT: Includes 4″ & 8″ round tube. 6″ spherical. 4″ octagon tube. 6″ square tube. 13 system braces
The Bailey Clay Extruding “System” is designed to offer easy extruding for both large and small scale forms. The system concept refers to the fact that a series of different barrels will fit into a “common” drive frame. Each barrel is designed to cover a specific extrusion range, For instance, the 4” barrel will comfortably extrude small forms (such as handles, etc.), the 5” barrel will comfortably extrude medium size forms, the 9” barrel will comfortably extrude large tube forms, and the tile barrel will comfortably extrude both tiles and narrow rectangular shapes. This “overlapping” system approach reduces the overall cost for equipment since only one drive frame is required to plunge all system barrels.
Putting Your “System” Together
- Decide on either the Manual or Power Drive Frame
- Decide on which barrels you need. Review the extrusion range of each individual barrel. (We recommend the 4” & 9” system barrels).
- If you are doing large scale tubes, select the appropriate Cutting/Removing Fixture.
- Select the appropriate Die Kits or individual dies. We recommend the die kits for any school or beginning potter.
Please Read All The Information Carefully!
NOTE: Not all clay bodies are suitable for extruding.
The Zipper Bridge reunites the clay which eliminates seam failure during drying and firing and also allows for immediate manipulation of your extrusion into other forms.
PRECISION RADIUS DIES
Very strong and smooth extrusion allows the clay to flow through the die into compression and flow out so you can work directly out of the extruder without sharp edges that could make your extrusion fail. VARIABLE WALL THICKNESS: Quickly and easily change the internal die to change the wall thickness of your extrusion.